Just when I was giving up on shooting for the day, I serendipitously ran into an animated 11-year old boy, his 15-year old brother, and the brothers friends. They were play fighting and daring each other to do stunts, sparring, pushing, kicking, and shoving but, artfully. Throughout, the 11-year old provided rapid fire commentary on his exploits, how he could scale buildings like spider man, jump over steps, and train to be tough from his manual on Kung Fu (which was partly written in Chinese). He readily provoked sparring with the bigger boys, confident that he wouldn’t be squashed. Below is a shot from my contact sheet of 20 frames (PDF, 1 pp, 2Mb)
- Cuenca’s Pissing Men and Modest Women
- Bailoterapia as a Standard of Female Liberation
- Wildflowers of the Cajas National Park, Southern Ecuador
- Fiestas de Cuenca
- Mango Season
- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes