The alleys and waterways of the Belén market come alive with the inspiring spirit, spontaneity, and lithe body language of children. Their liveliness and play is infectious. The entire atmosphere is suffused with a lightness accentuated by their calls and cries, over the the obvious crowding and poverty. Indeed, underfoot amongst the adults, perfectly integrated into adult commerce and society, they painted the air with happiness. They are undoubtedly the community’s treasured future and a source of inspiration for all.
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
- Minding A Stuck Turtle
Posts I Like