- Cuenca’s Dog Owners Shun their Doody Duty
- Cuenca’s Pissing Men and Modest Women
- Bailoterapia as a Standard of Female Liberation
- Wildflowers of the Cajas National Park, Southern Ecuador
- Fiestas de Cuenca
- Mango Season
- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
Author Archives: ansuseye
I gag when I see piles of dog shit all over the streets of Cuenca, but it is the unfortunate reality of this UNESCO World Heritage City. To make this more unpleasant, dog shit is usually smeared by hapless pedestrians … Continue reading
You won’t find this in the tourist literature on Cuenca, but men in this city are constantly whipping out their private parts to piss on walls, down the street, in parks, and especially all along the city’s famed rivers. No, … Continue reading
Bailoterapia is a rather cool amenity offered free of charge by the municipality of Cuenca at several public spaces throughout the city. It is an hour-long, aerobically-oriented dance class, heavily weighted towards modern “Zumba”. Its intent is to offer physical exercise … Continue reading
Photos and names of wildflowers set in the paramo and pajas grasslands of the mountainous Cajas National Park in southern Ecuador Continue reading
The weather in the mountains of the southern Andes took a turn for the better in November. The grey, damp, cold mornings when I would have to wrap myself in woolen scarves and hats became slightly less biting. During the … Continue reading