- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
Posts I Like
Author Archives: ansuseye
It’s six o’clock on a Sunday morning, and a car alarm in my Cuenca neighborhood goes off with its intentionally horrible, piercing, high-pitched wail. I groan at the indignity of having my sleep be shattered by this rude interruption. Just … Continue reading
A protected watershed keeps Cuenca’s water supply clean and fairly safe from contamination Continue reading
Cuenca’s urban geography has its roots in Spanish colonial history. What are the pressures. influences, and modern issues that will force it to change urban practices and planning to create better human and environmental health and energy efficiency? Continue reading