- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
Posts I Like
Category Archives: Environment
A protected watershed keeps Cuenca’s water supply clean and fairly safe from contamination Continue reading
Nature is our always companion and source. Even when not paying explicit attention, she has a way of reminding you of the drama you are drawn from. The stuck turtle is a predicament you cannot turn from. Continue reading
In the mud flats by the lake,
I cannot turn
from the hawk holding up the sky,
The eagle’s flight through dazzling, tumbling planes,
the quiet mysteries of birds and turtles. Continue reading
We need a healthy critique of the dominant role of science and technology in the modern world to avoid crashing the planet. Based on a few centuries of scientific rationalism and the ensuing technological muscle its given us human beings … Continue reading
Action: Native American lawyers advising the Oceti Sakowin camp and the elders at the pipeline resistance movement are encouraging all #NoDAPL supporters to call on the Department of Justice’s agency called “Community Relations Services” to intervene on the ground in North … Continue reading