- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
Posts I Like
Category Archives: Nature
Nature is our always companion and source. Even when not paying explicit attention, she has a way of reminding you of the drama you are drawn from. The stuck turtle is a predicament you cannot turn from. Continue reading
when you look up in the woods at that exact moment that two cardinals join in a kiss. Continue reading
There I was, glasses in hand, stumbling on, a joyless morass leaking out in salty tears, Resilience frayed into tattered fringes of despair. Even the sunlight’s dance in the trees could not gladden this labyrinth of loud loneliness. But the path … Continue reading
In the mud flats by the lake,
I cannot turn
from the hawk holding up the sky,
The eagle’s flight through dazzling, tumbling planes,
the quiet mysteries of birds and turtles. Continue reading
We need a healthy critique of the dominant role of science and technology in the modern world to avoid crashing the planet. Based on a few centuries of scientific rationalism and the ensuing technological muscle its given us human beings … Continue reading