- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
Posts I Like
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A protected watershed keeps Cuenca’s water supply clean and fairly safe from contamination Continue reading
Science is viewed as synonymous with progress, however in reality science is easily reduced to an impotent handmaiden of power and ideology. As we face planetary crises, we need a deeper engagement with our humanity—both individual and collective— using spiritual and political … Continue reading
Action: Native American lawyers advising the Oceti Sakowin camp and the elders at the pipeline resistance movement are encouraging all #NoDAPL supporters to call on the Department of Justice’s agency called “Community Relations Services” to intervene on the ground in North … Continue reading
How Reign Drew Me In I’m a big fan of the television series Reign, a kind of historical fiction/romantic drama on the early life of Mary Queen of Scots. As a girl in the mid-to-late 1500s, Mary was sent to live at … Continue reading
If you are like me, your heart jumps a little when a splash of color from a flower catches your eye. In the spring you feel renewed and quickened when the first daffodils and snowdrops break through cold ground. You … Continue reading