- The Maddening Din: Cuenca’s Noise
- Cuenca’s clean water is priceless. And vulnerable.
- Any Milk Today Mistress?
- Celebrating Those Who Live in Our Memories.
- Forgotten Incan Ruins and Villages in the Andes
- Back roads of Sayausí, a French Restaurant, and the Search for Beauty
- Cuenca, Ecuador: 21st Century Ground Truths From a Historic Andean City
- A Hike and Roadside Repast Outside Cuenca
- Listening to Prince in Ecuador
- Ecuadorian Encounters: Sunday around Cuenca
Posts I Like
Category Archives: Urban Environment
It’s six o’clock on a Sunday morning, and a car alarm in my Cuenca neighborhood goes off with its intentionally horrible, piercing, high-pitched wail. I groan at the indignity of having my sleep be shattered by this rude interruption. Just … Continue reading
Cuenca’s urban geography has its roots in Spanish colonial history. What are the pressures. influences, and modern issues that will force it to change urban practices and planning to create better human and environmental health and energy efficiency? Continue reading
During indigenous festivities around catholic masses, the offerings are whole roasted guinea pigs, and the dances are lively. Plus, mountain bikers show us the best hidden views of Cuenca…and save us from the street dogs. Continue reading
Nature is our always companion and source. Even when not paying explicit attention, she has a way of reminding you of the drama you are drawn from. The stuck turtle is a predicament you cannot turn from. Continue reading